Error during load of savegame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error during load of savegame

I have played a very large map using the FexFx Mod. Worked just fine. Did many saves and continued the game on other days. Now suddenly when I try to load the savegame I made yesterday night I get "The game you have selected has been protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed" with just an ok button. Clicking ok dumps the game back to my desktop.
    I have tried to read older saves but I get this problem with all.

I have not changed anything in my Civ4 folders, just played the game. Did not install any other software, nothing.

Where did you place the mod?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I place the mod in the correct location.

Searching the net I found that there is a dependency on the NoCheating option which I ticked. Apparently this adds some security to the savefiles which require the filedates of the mod not to change. On FAT formatted disks this is apparently a major problem. NTFS disk should not be affected. But guess what, my safegame is on a NTFS disk :<

For now I just started a new game and did not tick the NoCheating option anymore. I am not cheating anyway

Comment

Working...
      X