Problems with combat animations way too often

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with combat animations way too often

Way too often, combat animations fail to play, play in slow-motion or are in some other way obscured. This is just not acceptable and I want it fixed in a patch ASAP.

Are you on the low side of the required system specs?
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Not exactly... Pentium IV 3,4 GHz w/ GeForce 7800 GTX.

Comment

Yep I have the same problem on a Pentium D 3GHz + Radeon X600 which handles everything else in the game fine.
        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Heh heh, I tend to have fine animations, some of the bugs are pretty great though (Like knights charging through the ocean to sneak up on some archers :P )

Comment

The animations do fail oftenly indeed, but to call it "way too" is really too much since it's just an animation and I don't really care if it's being fixed or not. I'd rather see Firaxis to focus on more important things.

Oh, and if children say things like: "This is just not acceptable and I want it fixed in a patch ASAP." it makes me think about Violet in Charley and the Chocolate Factory.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by sovietwaffle
              Heh heh, I tend to have fine animations, some of the bugs are pretty great though (Like knights charging through the ocean to sneak up on some archers :P )
              Or better yet, a rifleman turning invisible while the knight runs away in terror.

Comment

If the problems with combat animations bothers you then why not just turn them off? It's not something that affects gameplay, I found they were interesting the first couple of times I'd seen them but after that it's just the same animations over and over.
                War does not determine who is right, only who is left. -- Anonymous

Comment

Noob question, I know, but where do you turn off the animations?

Comment

That's odd. I'd never had any problems with combat animations. I'm running a PIV 2.8 (Oc'd to 3.2), and a 6800NU. So, my specs are similar to yours but clearly not as good.

What OS are you running? How much ram? There must be another conflict somewhere that is causing the problems.

Oh.. XP and only 512 on my side, btw.

Comment

I wish Firaxis would just remove them.

I have no problem with them, outside of playing MP and finding some chump hasn't turned them off and being 'frozen' for 45 seconds while his stack of warriors attacks my stack of axemen.

Comment

Working...
                      X