Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game locking at end of turn

Hi guys

I've just bought Civ 4, and am in my first game. My problem is, the game keeps locking up at the end of this
    particular turn. I really don't want to start another game, as I'm learning alot from this current one.

Can anyone tell me as to why my game keeps locking up? I've got a P4 1.7, 780mb of RAM and a GeForce2. I know the sytems specs are pretty close to minimum, but I dont see that as a problem. I'm also working off, basically, a clean install of Windows XP

I've attached the saved game:

here

If anyone wants to make some suggestions as how to improve my empire, I'm open for suggestings for that aswell

How long have you tried waiting? Sometimes if too many things happen at the same time then certain systems will have very long load times for even individual turns.

Just loading save up to see if it works on mine.
    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Bring up the Task Manager (<ctrl><alt><delete>) if your computer isn't frozen and check on CPU usage.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yeah, I've waited along time

And, yeah, the computer locks. CTRL ALT DEL doesnt work.

Comment

Erm... is the file name for that correct? Because when I load it up it's 1902 not 1535 as the name would suggest. Anyway I went to the next turn (1904) fine, if you want the save from there in case it was just a once off problem, then:

Unfortunately, though, I am not a tech expert so I have no idea what might be causing your problem...
          "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
          Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

yeah, thats the one I saved it at the point of invasion, and then just kept saving over it without changing the name

Thanks, I'll give it a shot

Comment

I've actually been experiencing the same problem. Not sure what's going on.

Comment

Working...
              X