Monarch 1st religion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monarch 1st religion?

Hi, what is the best civ to rush to get to the first religion on monarch? i was going to try get all religions on monarch and was wondering what peoples opinions of the best civ to do this were?

I tried asoka and missed out by 1 turn (isabella beat me, she seems to get buddhism first in 9/10 games i've played as i usually play with 18 civs)

no matter what i do with asoka i would always miss out by 1 turn, the 10 commerce i generate is simply not enough to get there fast enough (some 30 turns to research on marathon huge map using a food water tile with 2 commerce, perhaps a different start with more than 2 commerce/ a civ with financial and then i would have beat isabella, but for this start i think it was impossible)

Maybe you should try for Hinduism (Polytheism). I find most civs with Mysticism will go for Meditation, even though Polytheism is open to them as well. Playing on Noble if I don't have Mysticism, I'll always go for Poly and I usually end up getting Hinduism. Sometimes even after I've researched Hunting, which is always the first tech I go for. If you're starting with Mysticism and go for Poly, I'd say you'd have a pretty good chance.

Comment

You're gonna have to get really lucky to grab all 7 religions on Monarch. Even if you grab the first 3, the AI goes after the other 4 pretty fast and you probably will have to sacrifice a lot to grab all seven religions.

Any civ with mysticism is great to try to grab all the religions, Saladin is my favorite as he can get out Great Prophets the quickest. There's nothing you can do except go for Buddy first and pray, or you can modify the starting civs you play against, some AIs go for religions aggressively and some don't. I've found I have about a 30% chance to get Buddy on my Emperor games with 100% science and starting with Mysticism, so it is possible, but just not something I would recommend to anyone.

I'm sure on a continents map with a lot of luck you could grab all 7 religons on Monarch+, but there really is no point in doing that.

Comment

so saladin is pretty good for religions?

just wanted to see if its doable cause it really cripples some cultural ai's if they lack religion for a long time

and those ai's are usually the ones who get the big tech leads etc, the plan then was to buddy up with the aggressive civs somehow :P

Comment

Working...
        X