Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "bad memory allocation" when saving

Hi all.

I'm playing an 18 player, 'HUGE' map, single player game.

My machine is probably a little better than most:
    2.4GHz AMD64
    1.5GB RAM
    256MB X800XTPE

Anyways, in this game, i'm using 1.65GB of memory, so it's obviously using the swap file. I don't mind, as the slow down is something I can live with.

WHat I can't live with though, is that every now and then, when saving, the game crashes, and gives me a "bad memory allocation" error, and CTD.

THe save game is useless too. So, unfortunately, saving happens automatically every turn. So... it sucks.

On top of this, the game takes AGES TO LOAD my current game. I thought they made the game better in terms of memory usage. I would expect a game like this use so much RAM. What's the deal? 64 player Battlefield 2 doesn't use nearly this much RAM!

ANyways, is there a fix besides not playing such big games? Or buying more RAM?

I get this on a reload (when a game is already loaded).
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

If you aren't using patch 1.52, try Hark's memory fix. If you are, try the mem_saver feature.

Also, this problem could be caused by a memory leak, so quit to the desktop on regular intervals may help.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
      X