Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please remove confirmation before quick save!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please remove confirmation before quick save!

When I try to quick-save (shift-F5) it comes with a confirmation....
    If I'm sure that I want to replace the old file with the new one...
    Please don't ask for this if I want to quick save! There's no need for that. Confirmations are for the slow-saves.

Not to mention the fact that the focus is not on the "Yes" button, but just no-where, so that I have to grab my mouse and click on the "yes" button, instead of the easy-and-quick enter hit. (this is since the 1.52 patch)

This non-focus is for all confirmation boxes btw.
    (Maybe a "Don't ask me again" option can be build in so that the really stupid civ players won't overwrite their valuable quick saves by accident)

Thanks in advance!
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

YEAH!

Remove the confirmation screen for quicksaves! And equallt important: Make quick saving and - loading more stable. I've seen the game crash every 4-5 times i save or load, and it's annoyed me to the point where i've given up on the quick saves (whats the point when you have to confirm the overwrite anyway?)

\Skodkim

Comment

I second the motion, this confirmation box is taking the 'quick' out of 'quicksave' - thats what ctrl-s is for.

Comment

I third the motion. Even though I didn't realize we had a quicksave, and never use it. . The autosave seems to take care of all my problems.

Comment

We have a quicksave?
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            We have a quicksave?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Alt + F5.
              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

yes, it is alt-F5, but instead of that it's shift-F5

Comment

Maybe a "Don't ask me again" option can be build in (...)

Add this to the normal ctrl+s too, as I don't like the quick-save, but is sure about which file to overwrite
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

The confirmation never makes any sence anyway since I always first click "Yes" and then start to wonder if I'm sure.

Comment

Yup, this one's a no-brainer; quick saves shouldn't ask for confirmations. I mean what's so quick about a quick save that asks for a confirmation, when compared to a "slow save" that automatically gives you a save game name, and only asks you to confirm?

I don't generally use quick saves, but would probably do so if there wasn't a confirmation request there.
                      Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

This is so stupid... why should quick save have a confirmation!! Does anyone have a fix for this?

Comment

Agree! Please remove it in the next patch. I actually assume it was implemted by a mistake or is some sort of bug related to normal saving (well, quick-saving is often my form of normal saving though....)

Comment

Here's another quick thing to fix in the interface: I can move units with the numpad, but when a menu pops up (tech discovered, etc.) I have to use the keyboard arrows to navigate it. Make menus navigable with numpad too.

Comment

Working...
                            X