New Lock Up Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lock Up Problem

Odd, I have NEVER had any problems running CivIV - sometimes for 8 hours at a stretch.

Suddenly, three days ago, it started locking up, crashing to restart, crashing to desktop, etc. after only short periods of play.

I reloaded the BIOS, and video driver updates, all that good stuff. Tweaked around with Memory allocation, video speed. Nothing has worked.

I did a full erase and reload and started a fresh game - the problem is still there. I'm doing another reload.

It claims that there is a hardware lockup causing the problem... but I can find no conflicts anywhere in the system. The virus protection is up to date so there should be no problems there.

Odd. It just came out of nowhere and won't go away.

Also, I had loaded nothing new nor changed my configuration in any way before the problem started.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Hi
    I had similar problems from day one of buying the game ( reboots and monitor going into standby) it got worse untill ALL 3dgames became unplayable. for me it turned out to be my motherboard ( something had died )
    I`ve had to spend alot of money and totally upgraded my pc ( new cpu, motherboard, ram and graphics)
    I can now play civ4 the way nature intended with graphics to the max. However this might not be your issue why dont you post your DXDIAG here so someone with some technical knowledge could advise?

Comment

Working...
    X