Archery Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archery Units

I got my butt handed to me by the AI Arabs just now. Those Camel Archers seem stronger than they ought to be. But perhaps I screwed up my response:

Which units are clasified as Archery Units as pertains to the Vs. Archery Units upgrade in the promotions chain? Is it just non-mounted archery units (Archers, Longbowmen, Crossbowmen)? Does it include Horse Archers and Camel Archers? Does it exclude Malinese Skirmishers? Does all this still apply to the Cho Ko Nu?

"The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
    "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
    "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Each unit has only one type assigned to it. So Camel Archers are mounted units. The Cover promotion refers only to the foot archers; Archers, Skirmishers,Longbow, Crossbow, Cho-Ko-Nu.
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

There's a list of what units fall under what category in the Civilopedia.

Comment

Archery: Archer (Skirmisher), Crossbowman (Cho-Ko-Nu), Longbowman

Armoured: Modern Armour, Tank (Panzer)

Gunpowder: Grenadier, Infantry, Marine (Navy SEAL), Mechanized Infantry, Musketman (Musketeer), Rifleman (Redcoat), SAM Infantry

Melee: Axeman, Maceman (Samurai), Pikeman, Spearman (Phalanx), Swordsman (Jaguar, Praetorian), Warrior (Quechua)

Mounted: Cavalry (Cossack), Chariot (War Chariot), Horse Archer (Keshik), Knight (Camel Archer, Conquistador), War Elephant

Recon: Explorer, Scout

Siege: Artillery, Cannon, Catapult, Machine Gun
        Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Machine Gun is siege?

I'm thinking gunpowder for that one.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
            Machine Gun is siege?

I'm thinking gunpowder for that one.
            Nope. It's siege. But you can't bombard or collateral with it, making it a rather strange siege weapon indeed.

Comment

Machine gun is seige, I agree that that's strange. I think of it as a stationary machine gun nest (think saving private ryan) since it can only defend.
              The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Machine gun is seige to limit the units that get a bonus added to attacking them. Otherwise they would be easily taken by combat1/pinch promoted infantry. The charge promotion is the only thing that adds to an attack on a machine gun. It gives a player/AI a cheaper upgrade for left over archery garrison unit.
                "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                X