Civ IV AI much improved than earlier versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ IV AI much improved than earlier versions

I played my first game on the Noble level and won the spaceship race by no more than 2-3 turns. 2 other AI civs (Americans and Romans) narrowly lost to me by 1 spaceship component.

Some of the major improvements I observed are:
    - AI knows how to improve terrains.

- AI knows how to win this game.

- AI knows purposes other than hating the human player.

- AI knows how to concentrate its military and use terrain to its advantage.

- AI knows how to use combined arms.

- AI knows how to build things.

Good job, Soren!

Here here! Even the barbarians can do most of those things (except win the game and do anything other than hate the human player - wait, what happens if the barbs wipe out everyone? or get X% of the world's land? )
    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

An angel gets its wings.

Comment

I'll say. I've had a much harder time getting past the Even Steven level than I did in Civ 3.

Not unlike the tobacco or fast food industries, the video game industry's first job is to create an altogether useless product which customers will mysteriously decide they cannot live without.

I can't wait to get my settlement money.
        "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
        "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
        "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

It's not "Even Steven" at any level...

You can mod an Even Steven level in though.

Comment

Working...
          X