Never, ever build a nuclear plant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattPilot
    how about having a nuke power plant as a requirement to building nukes in that city?

So if you want your to be backed by nuclear weapons, ya need to live with the risk.
    Good idea!
    Dom 8-)

Comment

Not historically accurate, though...we had nuclear weapons before we had nuclear power, in fact.

Comment

No we didn't. You need a nuclear reactor to get uranium/plutonium suitable for nuclear weapons. Granted, they weren't the same as today's energy generating nuclear plants but still... I like the idea.

Comment

In civ3, nukes gave you +100% instead of +50%. That alone was reason enough when you could make em.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Plus, in Civ 3 a meltdown was only possible if the city fell into disorder. I let the governors handle population mood; therefore it was impossible for mine to meltdown as the city would never go into disorder. They might starve to death because every citizen was an entertainer, but they would never ever riot.
            Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Harvesting nuclear power is substantly more challenging than making an uncontrolled nuclear reaction.

As to providing power, I recomend Three Georges instead.
              Plan ahead and look for a good city along a river with either Iron or Coal in it's city radius (both would be better, but I'm yet to be that forunate.) Such a city should have the time to build both a Factory and the Iron Works prior to Plastics being adviable, and probably a coal power plant. Unhealthiniess in this city be darned. You can sell the coal power plant following completion of the three gorges to remove some of the unhealthiness there, and very quickly build a Hospital and Super Market here as well.
              Last edited by joncnunn; January 14, 2006, 17:18.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                You can sell the coal power plant following completion of the three gorges
                Umm.. how? I've not yet come across an improvement that can be sold in Civ4..
                Dom 8-)

Comment

anytime a "cleaner" powerplant is built, the negative effects of the "unclean" powerplant go away, although the building will still be displayed in the building list.

Comment

OIC
                    Dom 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by fuch1142
                      "We are backed up with nuclear weapon!"
                      Nah, it is "My words are backed by nuclear weapons."
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I might be misremembering, but I seem to recall it being capitalized.

Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

It's been a long time, so perhaps the emphasis is entirely mine. I always hated Caesar in that game, for just that reason.
                        Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Working...
                        X