No announcement yet.

Border disputes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While your idea is interesting, I have had up to -4 for border tension and been attacked because of it. Maybe you aren't being pushy enough in your games. Start cranking the culture up in your border towns so that you actually flip a city of two and watch how upset the other civ gets. You can always try cramming that one last city in right next to theirs and culture bombing it to increase border tension. Do that enough to one of the aggressive civs and they will attack! Heck, even Hatie attacked me because I constrainer her growth so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Crossfire
      While your idea is interesting, I have had up to -4 for border tension and been attacked because of it. Maybe you aren't being pushy enough in your games. Start cranking the culture up in your border towns so that you actually flip a city of two and watch how upset the other civ gets. You can always try cramming that one last city in right next to theirs and culture bombing it to increase border tension. Do that enough to one of the aggressive civs and they will attack! Heck, even Hatie attacked me because I constrainer her growth so much.
      What was your military ranking when that happened?

If it was too low, they will declare war regardless.

If it's quite high, I doubt if they will mess with you.

Comment

I am usually very low early in the game but ramp up to the middle to top after I get Construction. I try to stay in the middle or above the rest of the game. Of course, I have had Monty attack when I had the number one Power rating, but then I had cut him off and he wasn't interested in Open Borders so he was completely stuck with only 4 cities. I have also had Qin and Saladin attack the same turn because I was squeezing both of them and had just flipped one of Qin's cities. I was at a -4 with Qin and a -3 with Saladin. I was third in power and they failed to harm me other than to pillage a tile or 5. It seems most of the time I am attacked by someone other than one of the mad dogs of the game it is because I am really putting the squeeze on them.

Comment

Working...
        X