City has food but can't grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City has food but can't grow

Here I have my capital city, a bit after I've successfully snagged Civil Service with the Oracle, and it can't grow beyond size 6 despite 3 extra food and no health or unhappiness problems.

This bug appears to be new to the 1.52 build, since I never saw it in 1.0 or 1.09.

- Gus
    Attached Files

Re: City has food but can't grow

Originally posted by GusSmed
    Here I have my capital city, a bit after I've successfully snagged Civil Service with the Oracle, and it can't grow beyond size 6 despite 3 extra food and no health or unhappiness problems.

This bug appears to be new to the 1.52 build, since I never saw it in 1.0 or 1.09.

- Gus
    It's not a bug; the city seems to have the Avoid Growth governor option turned on, probably by accident. (That option is actually useful if the city really is having happiness problems. Theoretically. I only knew it existed because Kylearan mentioned it in a game report once.) Fortunately, you can just click on it to turn it off.
    Attached Files
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

You are correct. I've used the button before deliberately, but I thought it was only a preference affecting governor worker placement. I had no idea it actually prevented growth even if you had enough food.

- Gus

Comment

I think if there's no way to balance it (i.e. you produce an odd amount of food, and it can only remove even amounts) it'll alternate between one excess food and one deficit food.

Comment

Working...
        X