Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth this, Peter that, Ghandi this (are AI personalities really different?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saurus
    I think the A.I tries to win very hard and is willing to sacrifice quite a bit of its "personality" in order to manage to do this.
    I have had Gandhi attack me out of the blue for instance.
    Roosevelt has attacked me unprovoked several times.
    A.I has personality - but is ultimately trying to win.
    Maybe it's not trying to win. The Ai is just following a script: "if one of these conditions (A, B or C) happens, than attack". But win?
    The AI doesn’t have any goal, unless you consider following its scripts a goal. Well, maybe it is… I know a lot of people who do exactly the same in their daily lives.

Btw, as soon the AI has real goals, we are history. ...............

But it's possible to write a script simulating this "win wish", isn't?
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by TheHateMale
      It's not always a benefit to attack. To do so would mean they lose units, have to pay more maintenance every turn and leave their empire less defended on average.

As mentioned in another thread - you can win this game with a handful of cities and only defending against wars.
      You can win without conducting wars only if you have a larger empire to begin with. Or, if you get lucky and the opposing civilizations for one reason or another ignore you, permitting you to skip military investments and thus gain an advantage in other fields. In general, however, I would not bet on winning without conducting war.

Comment

I think Mansa Musa's win wish is quite strong. that little bastard knows how to build a spaceship.

what I would like to see is more self preservation. doing everything it takes to not be utterly destroyed. I can knock an ai down to 1 city from beeing #1 and he still wont give me a tech for peace.... /sigh
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Actually, AI is a little bit nuts about building his cities in every possible place- even if it's tundra, snow, thousands of kilometres from his capital. Thank Lord that both poles are only a graphic, cause he would flood it with his settler and sexually harass the seals and penguins.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

Do you perhaps know which file is it? I'd take a look.
            Also, check out

where Isak has documented the Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml file .

Comment

Thanks Peter, that's a great reference, cleared up some things for me

Comment

Working...
              X