Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stripped me naked but...

I'll still get even...

playing OCC as Egypt (still don't know if you can win cultural victory in OCC) and, out of the blue, the Chinese declare war. I lose a worker I can't move fast enough, the other one moves into Mongolia with which I have OB but China doesn't so it's safe there. Had a 3rd worker, once, but raging barbs ate him awhile ago.

have 3 military units in my city (yeah, first mistake) so I switch to being able to pay to complete things and rush a out a couple longbows. China proceeds to completely strip my lands... all my roads and mines (yes, my iron too). So I keep building archers (1 turn to build) and warriors (hehehehe) and the occassional longbow.

My oh my, those Longbows can really hold a city. China brought knights - silly China.

Then Rome, again out of the blue, jumps into war against me. So I just huddle in my city and wait until they both blow their stacks vs my longbows.

Then I sneak my worker to my iron, hook it up (guarded by longbows) and upgrade my warriors to pikes who are now also guarding my iron. Of course, next turn, Mongolia declares war too (from pleased to war in 4 turns?)

Mansa has join war vs china as an option but I don't have enough of anything to tempt him...

Quite the mess, really. I popped back down to Noble level for my first OCC try... I wonder if I can come back and get even with them all?
    If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
    Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

This thread could get a lot of hits with a title like that

Sounds like a nasty dogpile. I got jumped in my first OCC game, which taught me that two warriors is not really enough, but I haven't tried again since (so many maps, so little time).

Comment

Stripped naked and group-****? Pity Cathy wasn't in on it...

I quess they smell a carcass.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Ive had something similar happen once too. I was preparing all my units on my southern boarder getting ready to attack Mr.Musa - I finally get everything into position, attack, and 1 turn later Germany (on my northern boarder) declares war on me! So I change it into a defensive war with Musa and move the majority of my troops to attack Germany since they were smaller... its interesting how the AI jump on eachothers band wagon sometimes... I like it.

Comment

well your not the only one getting those "please join us in destroying..." requests. and Once you get that -1 "you attacked my friend" it makes them all that more likely to attack you.

i love it too. makes the ai "seem" smart enough to gang up on ya.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Do they actually care if the civ you attack is their friend or not?

Comment

Yes: "-# You declared war on our friend!"
              "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
              Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Do the civs actually need to be friends for that though? It seems like declaring war on one after the beginning of the game makes everyone dislike you.

Comment

That's because most tend to be friendly to everyone for a little while. They shar OB for a bit and explore a lot before that. My game atm everyone else on my continent (5 other civs) are all the same religion (a different one to me) and they all hated me for warmongering half the island and killing off their friends.
                  "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                  Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

[SIZE=1] My game atm everyone else on my continent (5 other civs) are all the same religion (a different one to me) and they all hated me for warmongering half the island and killing off their friends.
                    Some people are just so easily offended!
                    Keith

si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                    X