Another suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another suggestion

I realize we don’t want to make this a game simply about war, but shouldn’t there be more of a benefit for winning if forced to wage one?

I mean, say I get attacked by one of the AI’s and end up fighting him for 40 or so turns, whatever benefits I might have gained in a victory are offset by having to retool my economy away from technologies to make war.

I think that you should be able to choose one or two of your opponents technologies if you sack their capital and/or make the AI offer one up at some point as a peace concession if you’re really kicking their fanny. It would help offset your loss of technology advances during the war period.

Isn't getting all their cities good enough? They all have gold and some might have building or wonders.
    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

the cash for taking a city is the payback. that and having another city producing for you.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Don't forget the emotional benefits derived from glorious conquest.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
        X