Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does /have access to/ work? How does the infrastructure work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does /have access to/ work? How does the infrastructure work?

Within the health network, does 'have access to' in the Civilopaedia popup /mean/ 'have access to' or simply 'worked within city boundaries'? Similarly, I suppose, for non-health resources

Eg if I have city A working cows, & city B has a trade connection to city A (via road and/or river), will city B benefit by putting up (say) a supermarket? I guess another way to phrase this is: is there any point in building a supermarket in a city that has no cows, deer, pigs or sheep within its fat cross?

I'm sure I've seen this question asked before, but the discussion never seems to have gone into any depth (ie lategame)..
    Dom 8-)

The cows give health benefits to any city that is connected to them via the trade network. So yes, city B will benefit from the supermarket.

(Note: the cows must be within your borders, but they don't *have* to be within the radius of any friendly city - all they have to have is a pasture on them and some connection to your trade network.)
    Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

resources have more than one effect on a city. take, for example, cows. The city can work the cows just by placing a circle over that tile in the big window. and that gives that one city the hammers and food of that tile. Now if you pasture those cows, it will increase the amount of food and hammers that cow gives that city. now if you road that cow something different happens. on the far right side the big box gets a cow in it and a little red cross. Now you get the effect of health from those cows. and any city that is also connected by road or river also gets the red cross.

One thing that got me excited when the game first came out, was that when you mouse over the right side box resources it tells you (+1 food with pasture) and i thought "wow thats a good idea, now making sure you get all resources really pays off" but alas they didnt do it that way, and a resource doesnt add anything extra to the other cities, other than health/happy... but it was a neet idea.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Working...
      X