No announcement yet.

killing off my workers in late game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killing off my workers in late game...

In the last 25% of a games my workers usually go idle as there seems to be no more improvements to do on my territory.

At this stage, are they a burden to my empire which should better be killed off, or can i just leave them being idle and see if I need them later on (if maybe someone pillages my countryside and repairs need to be made...) ?

/p
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

I usually keep a few around. The rest can be disbanded. Though often I don't finish building all my railroads until the end of the game. If you have nuke plants, it might be useful to keep a few around.

Comment

Or you can gift them to india because he makes them run faster.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

I use mine to form human pyramids.
        www.neo-geo.com

Comment

There should be a travelling circus in the game so they can run off and join it.

Comment

So they don't cost me anything in upkeep then, their cost is just the cost of producing them in the first place?

(Actually it was wierd, I had 8 of them fully automated and after a while they retired into their cities because I had checked the 'leave old improvements alone' and there was nothing else to do. But then I acquired the calendar tech but they did not rush out of the cities to start building plantations but I had to force them out on the fields. Apparently they don't stay automated once they have retired into the city.)

Comment

i find if your empire isn't one continious border, and say pockets of cities, they will get stuck in the pocket and never leave it to improve outside of it...

also auto connect improvements usually improves stuff like plantations/railroads/uranium mines etc

so auto improve city not always the best option, i usually only auto improve network, or whatever that middle button is out of the 3 worker buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by guermantes
                So they don't cost me anything in upkeep then, their cost is just the cost of producing them in the first place?

(Actually it was wierd, I had 8 of them fully automated and after a while they retired into their cities because I had checked the 'leave old improvements alone' and there was nothing else to do. But then I acquired the calendar tech but they did not rush out of the cities to start building plantations but I had to force them out on the fields. Apparently they don't stay automated once they have retired into the city.)
                Maybe they already had irrigated those tiles and since you had 'leave old improvements alone' on, they couldn't make plantations.

Comment

Re: killing off my workers in late game...

Originally posted by guermantes
                  In the last 25% of a games my workers usually go idle as there seems to be no more improvements to do on my territory.
                  Have you finished building railroads?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Re: killing off my workers in late game...

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Have you finished building railroads?

In other games yes, but in the current one thay went idling inside the city already in renaissance era, but the roads seemed to cover the empire so maybe it was a question of having 'leave old improvements' checked. There is no irrigation at all though so there should be things left to do, but since I have no overview of the game I don't really know what... (I did not know that irrigation meant they can't build plantations, GOD there is soooo much to think of in this game... and I'm still only playing at Warlord (although it's just my 5th game ever)).

Comment

Working...
                    X