Request for new feature: memory jogger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for new feature: memory jogger

In my typical game, I frequently find myself in the following situation: in three more turns, New York will have 60 hammers in the box and I'll be able to pop-rush its library. In five more turns, Boston will grow and I want to re-distribute its workers. In two turns, Chicago will grow to size two and I can pop-rush its granary. Et cetera.

Inevitably, I forget to go back to the city on the turn I wanted to go there, and lose some efficiency because of that. What I'd love to be able to do is to have the game remind me to go back to those cities, like the alarm clock but based on game turns instead.

Possibilities: have a pop-up in the city view screen that says:
    [] come back to this city in xxx turns
    [] come back to this city when it has xxx hammers
    [] come back to this city when it reaches xxx population

Or, allow the player to force text to pop up in a given number of turns (along with forest growth, enemy spotted, etc.):

next turn:
    2 turns: check Chicago
    3 turns: check New York
    4 turns:
    5 turns: check Boston

Yep, always wanted this in every TBS game I've ever played. Especially helpful when coming back to a save game.
    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Good idea.

Comment

- or a programming language for a city so we can write little scripts to pre-MM its destiny.

Comment

There is a mod for this. Its already written, all you need do is dump it in your custom assets folder.

The problem is that custom assets can no longer be used in MP games, so all these nice little tools that you get used to in SP come back to bite you in the tail by their omission in MP.

Comment

Yyrkroon - can you provide a link?

Comment

Or simply eliminate pop rushing.

I've never really used it. It seems like it would stunt growth and make for an unhappy civilization. Wouldn't it be better to chop in early buildings instead of pop rushing them?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka II
                I've never really used it. It seems like it would stunt growth and make for an unhappy civilization. Wouldn't it be better to chop in early buildings instead of pop rushing them?
                If you have 5 unhappy citizens that you can't get rid of any other way, pop rushing is great. Get something built early and eliminate a bunch of ruffians at the same time.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV
                  Yyrkroon - can you provide a link?

reminder v1.0 by eotinb this mod is part of the eotinb mod suite A simple mod to give yourself reminders INSTRUCTIONS: Unzip file to My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\python\ (or equivalent) !!!DO NOT OVERWRITE FILES IN GAME DIRECTORY!!! (i.e. C:\Program...

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    If you have 5 unhappy citizens that you can't get rid of any other way, pop rushing is great. Get something built early and eliminate a bunch of ruffians at the same time.
                    I guess. I've only tried it a few times for that reason, but never did a cost benefit analysis. It's probably the way to go in the case of serious discontent, or perhaps the ultra food rich case. I usually work on the source of discontent, but I'm a benevolent ruler.

Comment

Wow, that MOD looks awesome, cant wait to stop forgetting to do something important!

/me downloads.

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                        X