X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable autosave?

Problem: Lack of self-control.
    Solution: Disable autosave!

I try so hard to play a fair game, but sometimes I just can't help myself. When I lose an important city to the enemy, I usually end up reloading the game a few turns earlier and moving more defenders into that city.

I don't see it in the options menu, but please tell me there is a way to turn off autosave. Perhaps by editing a line in a game file?

In one of the .ini files there's the option to do it. The line probably says something like autosave = 1 or something, just set it to 0... I don't have the game here, so I can't check for the exact line...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Why would you want to? Get 5000 years into a game, only to have it crash and have no way to recover? I'd hate to have to do it over from my last save game (if I had one), or start from scratch.

Comment

Thanks, I should have looked there first. I found it in the civ4config.ini file.

; Specify the number of turns between autoSaves. 0 means no autosave.
        AutoSaveInterval = 0

I haven't had a single crash with Civ4, so I'm not expecting that to happen any time soon.

Comment

An Ironman game is not for most people.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Jabutron
            Why would you want to?
            I prefer to have control over the saves. Autosave only adds annoyance to the game, while not really helping me... I do save the game often though, so in case of a crash I don't lose much...
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
            X