No announcement yet.

And they call them Barbarians!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, had no clue what I was getting into with my current game. I set a huge, highlands map with raging barbarians and only 4 AI on a huge map on prince diff. I was surprised when the barbarians killed 1 of the AI... then they killed 2 more of the AI, so now it's just me as the Incan's and Cyrus. I've probably only been saved by the fact that I started on an edge. As it is the barbs are doing a real good job of keeping me at bay in 3 cities, and it's already about 200 AD. Every time it looks like I'll have a chance to expand a ton more barbs spawn. Fortunately stonehenge is allowing my borders to push ever outwards

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer
      Yeah the Barbs get pretty advanced on Terra maps if you let them. But still... the pyramids? You must have been pretty slow in the wonders department.
      I never build pyramids. I feel they are impossible to build before the AI.

Comment

You can get them, on the lower levels, or further up with stone.

Comment

Jetmech, you gonna play this all the way through?

can barbs build nukes?
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

are barbs affected by religion in any way? I mean, can their cities "catch" or spread any kind of?
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

They found barbarism. If you get it large mobs of your people go around trashing your temples.

Comment

If anyone wants, I'll post a save of this game. I put this one on hold as I started a new one with Elizabeth...I want more GPs!!!

Comment

Yep, they can found and spread religions, but only within their own cities as far as I can tell.
                  www.neo-geo.com

Comment

sure Jetmech post the save

or send to platrex at gmail dot com
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Is there a limit to potential barbarian technology/weaponry? Could they theoretically get gunpowder units? Armored units?

Comment

I've seen barbarians with infantry and cavalry. When I first encountered them I was at rifles and they had grenadiers, made colonization a lot more difficult than I expected.

Comment

Here's the save game from when I first found the pyramids

Enjoy
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Badtz Maru
                            I've seen barbarians with infantry and cavalry. When I first encountered them I was at rifles and they had grenadiers, made colonization a lot more difficult than I expected.
                            You know you've played a bad game when the barbarians are more advanced than you.

Comment

Working...
                            X