Hi and help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi and help

Hi, just rejoined Apolyton, used to bea regular here in Civ 2 and CTP days. need help on Civ 4 (dont we all!)

the game runs ok on my system up to about 1600ad on a big map. After that the graphics go very slow and stuttery, map scrolling up/down in and out takes ages and is nothing but a series of jerks. The game dosnt crash and the actual turn speed isnt affected

I have tried the usual, running t on min graphics settings, no AA etc. latest drivers etc but no joy. Although my system is a little low end I haveno probs on other high end games. Any ideas?

2400XP
    1 GB ram
    20GB free hard drive space
    just defraged
    GEforce 5600FX
    latest forceware (19th dec release)

have tried omega's to clock the card but made no diffrence.

note, it gets really bad if a settler is created

Comment

Do you have 1.52 as well? Also to note, when you install a patch, all your preferences are reset, so check they're still on the low settings.

Comment

fully patched and settings checked. also tried some of the fixes on here such as virtual mem, rivatuna etc. I found a problem on some other places about trading world maps and it seems linked to that. If i scroll the map over areas I have explored its generally ok but look at areas shown on a traded world map later in the game and its unplayable

Comment

You could test if this is causing the problem by opening the worldbuilder and using the reveal/hide map option. If it instantly causes a crash, you've found your culprit. I'm afraid that if you've already tried everything mentioned on the forums though, I don't know anything further.

Comment

Working...
          X