Savegame Error: Wrong Civ after loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savegame Error: Wrong Civ after loading

Sometimes when I load a game, I can see the world through the eyes of an AI civilization, and the game is locked in "waiting for other civs"-mode.

Never seen that before, sorry.

What version are you using?
    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Is it repeatable? Also, is the Civ you view the world from predictable?

Does it work in PBEMS?

Comment

This happens to me if I try to load a different game from the in-game menu (i.e. without quitting to the main menu first). Presumably some variable that doesn't get reset properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Leifmk
          This happens to me if I try to load a different game from the in-game menu (i.e. without quitting to the main menu first). Presumably some variable that doesn't get reset properly.
          Last time it happened to me, I was loading from ingame. Can`t remember for the times before, so it`s quiet possible that it only happens in this situation.

Comment

Happened for me too, using 1.52. I haven't tried it often enough to be sure, but it seems that when I load from ingame, I'm playing the same Civ as the one I was playing before. So if I'm playing Japanese, and then load another game where I was playing Germans, I'm suddenly in charge of the Japanese.

Comment

Working...
            X