I have made a decision . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aro

Good? Nope. The original manual is not so good, anyway... But that translation!
    Manual translations are never good. I think they take them and process them with some weird software that prints out pure nonsens. I´m pretty sure no one who speaks portugese has been anywhere near that manual...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

To answer the same question that a couple of people have asked.

I do not have a 22nd century computer yet that would allow me to enjoy an epic game, on a huge map, with maximum number of civilizations.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

This "quotes inside quotes" thing confuses me too.
        I'm always missing some tags.
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Who are you talking to, Aro?

Comment

Oh, to myself. I was just thinking loud...
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness you know

Comment

Here's to madness!!

Comment

And Madness

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                    To answer the same question that a couple of people have asked.

I do not have a 22nd century computer yet that would allow me to enjoy an epic game, on a huge map, with maximum number of civilizations.
                    My 20th (!!) century computer (P4 3,2Ghz / 1GB RAM / 256MB NVidea card) does a good job on that, so there's no problem at all.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

It sounds more like a 21th century computer CS.

Comment

Why do so many people only like playing huge, epic, 18-civ games? I've never played such a game on any civ-version because even a 7-8 civ standard map game takes long enough for me, and I usually enjoy the early-game most, so more games > longer games for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                          then don't play those settings...
                          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Right -- I can always opt to choose to play different settings but I am a great lover of huge, long games.

So if I can get maximum pleasure from a game, it doesn't make sense for me to shell out $50 to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                              Why do so many people only like playing huge, epic, 18-civ games? I've never played such a game on any civ-version because even a 7-8 civ standard map game takes long enough for me, and I usually enjoy the early-game most, so more games > longer games for me.
                              Speaking for the "epickers" among us... I enjoy the progress over a week of play. I like surveying my realm and remembering when this city was Greek, that city had been mine - but I got over it a few centuries ago. I feel longer, bigger games allow for more ebb and flow. It is a style of play that lends itself to the tortoises rather than the hares.
                              "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
                              "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
                              "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

Someone who understands! I'm touched.

Comment

Working...
                                X