God I hate the Space Race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God I hate the Space Race!

Is there any way to turn it off in a normal game?

I see where I can turn it off in a custom game, but the custom game won't allow me to rename my civilization. I traditionally play the romans, but I name them the Marcans lead by Emperor Marcus.

The Space Race is the bane of all my fun with this game. I prefer to play at a leisurely pace. Of all the games I have played, all have been SR victories or I get wiped out (but we wont get into that). I just hate the rush that the later game forces you into.

Any help?
    The Rook

I'm sure you can do it in the easy set up game, but you can change your civ's name in the custom game setup, so if that's the only problem, just do this: Click on the box next to your leader name inside the custom game setup, you find it in the higher left corner, left of the drop down menus where you choose your leader and difficulity level. In the box that shows up, you can choose leader name, civ name and so on.

The space race can, as you probably know, be turned off from the custom game setup screen.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I looked before, but I might have missed that, I will try again.
      The Rook

Comment

Since 1.52 you can change your details ingame as well on the menu that appears when you hit escape. I think... didn't pay much attention to it. I was happy with "Feed him to" Mongo of Mongolia.

Comment

Click the monitor next to your name to get your player details.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, even a graphic! Thanks. It worked and I am now playing one of the more exciting games since I bought it. Space Race off!
            The Rook

Comment

I agree the AI is too strong in space race.

I haven't played enough number of games to figure out if you can stop on opponent from launching, by invading his capital (as you could in CIV2). Anyone knows?
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

ALT-D will let you rename your civ after you've started the game.

I like to do that when I let it pick me a random leader.

Comment

Working...
                X