Saved game won't load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved game won't load

What kind of problem am I facing when saved games won't load, including the most recent saved game and three earlier saved games that were each saved a few turns prior to the latest saved game?

It seems to me that if the system was able to process through a turn, save the game, and then move on to the next turn, that saved game should be clean and uploadable no matter what happens after that game was saved.

So my question is, what type of problem is indicated when a saved game won't load, especially when that saved game was not the most recent save (as the most recent save could have been corrupted during the save process...)?

Of course, I didn't change my system or settings between those last two saves. And it seems fruitless to discuss my hardware specs, game settings, drivers, drivers, drivers (I've never known I had so many drivers on this system until I started updating everything to try to get Civ 4 to run.) However, I can say that these saved games are about 277MB and I've played games that have reached 700+MB before they started crashing. And I clear the cache on every game load.

Thanks for your time. I'm amazed that I've stayed calm throughout all of this. Maybe I've just given up - I would have returned - the very next day - any other product that was so troublesome. But this game ROCKS! when it works - so I keep trying.

Spocko
    XP SP2; 1280MB w/3200MB virtual memory
    AMD Athlon 1700+; 500W power, 2HD's
    Radeon 9600pro 256MB (Dec 2005 Catalyst)
    SoundBlaster X-Fi (8.8.05 driver)

Me too.

My most recent game saves (1.52) don't load. This might be because the game was started with Civ4 V1.09 and then I upgraded.

Work around: Load any old game created under V1.09. All that I have tested work. Then load the most recent save. It works. It seems that all of my recent (V1.52) saves will load if I load an old game first.

Comment

Working...
    X