Strange A.I resourse trading.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange A.I resourse trading.

I noted a strange thing in my latest game.
    While negotiating resourses with Munsa Masa, the following sequence played out:

Munsa mansa popped up and offered me Dye in exhange for Copper
    -> I denied

I offered Munsa Masa Copper, in return I wanted Dye AND Fish -> Munsa Masa Denied.

I cleared my table and asked Munsa Masa "What he wanted for Dye and Fish" .. and the answer was.. nothing!

So now we have this fine deal with Munsa Masa giving me Fish and Dye. Me giving him nothing...and I did not even demand anything as he come up with it all by himself!
    A pretty friendly guy, huh? ...
    (in fact our diplomatic status was "furious" witch makes this all even more strange)

Any idea what is going on here?
    GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
    even mean anything?

Sounds like a bug. Do you have a save?

Comment

Was he "afraid of your military might" perchance?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Are you patched to the latest version? There was such a bug in the original release version.
        We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"

Comment

I'm patched!
          Sorry, I have no save of this.

But after toying around I start to believe that A.I
          don´t handle the
          "what would make this deal work"-function correctly.

You should be able to try it out bu yourself.
          Offer the A.I some expensive tech ... and in return ask for a cheap tech ...if you ask if this is ok, A.I will accept the deal (as it should!)

If you instead chose the "what would make this deal work"-function" ... A.I will add gold, perhaps more techs etc ... In most cases: Still a pretty fair trade for both parties. The thing is though: .. the orginal deal would have been much better for the A.I!

Munsa Masa probably WAS afraid of my military might.
          Thus, when I asked about what would make this deal work ... he revealed too much!
          A.I seem to handle this "what would make this deal work" as some kind of order from a higher power to reveal everyting... including his willingness to tribute it seems - at least when it comes to resourses.

I have to toy around abit more with this ... but so far there seem to be a slight problem here.
          GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
          even mean anything?

Comment

I have seen this several times. I don't know what triggers it though.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's an outright bug. Leaders will do very weird things with resources. Like
              Me: "Hey, wanna trade me some Iron? I'll give you like some wheat or something".
              AI: "No Way! We INSIST on throwing in 14 gold a turn too".
              Me: "Oookay."

I think resources sometimes get a negative value or something and thus the AI thinks it needs to throw in extra stuff to sweeten the deal.

Comment

This was an exploit that I believe was patched in 1.09 so 1.52 should definetly be fine. If you notice that you are able to exploit the AI in a similar way through Diplomacy post again as I think the diplo AI has no major holes in it but I dunno for sure.

To my knowledge the "What will make this deal work" is working correctly, yeah if the AI offers you a trade, you can negotiate and use that option and it will add in more stuff to make the trade more balanced. This option was added in to solve a huge micromanagement problem in Civ3, where you would offer say masonry for 140 gold, AI would reject, you'd try 100, AI would accept, you'd try 120, AI would reject and ect until you finally found the most gold you could get out of the AI. It was a huge pain, try 40+ clicks everytime you traded, ugh.

I don't think it's a problem as it is still a fair trade and on higher difficulties the AI will stop trading fairly and you will need to offer 20% to 30% more to the AI for it to accept. On lower difficulties it might seem like you are getting a really good deal on some trades, but that's just due to the difficulty level.

Comment

Working...
                X