Comprehensive list of AI bonuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comprehensive list of AI bonuses

I was wondering if it's possible to know what kind of bonuses the AI (or the human player on low diff. levels) gets. I'm pretty sure that the AI gets free unit upgrades for example (not to mention instant). I've seen the AI upgrading all its longbowmans to Riflemans just in the middle of my attack (when he had 10 gold in his budget the previous turn ... ).
    Also it's pretty obvious that AI starts with more units, is able to build cheaper and faster. One thing I'm suspecting is that they also get a "dice" bonus, i.e. they are more likely to win an equal strength battle on higher difficulty levels. If this is true then it must be a really small advantage, maybe a few percentage points per level.

What I'm interested is in a quantification of bonuses and most of the values should be readable from the XMLs.

Yeah, the manual is terse on the exact bonuses. They probably include changed prices and a stronger start.

Only thing I doubt from your list is that the dice is rigged. The same impression was reported by people in Civ2, and after much testing it came out to be nothing but psychology. People frustrated of losing a combat tend to acuse the AI of cheating it. BTW., there was one rigged combat result in Civ2, but only one.

Comment

Their upgrades aren't free, but dirt cheap

Comment

If you really want to know AI advantages, take a look at the xml for it, which you can read in any browser or editor.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
          BTW., there was one rigged combat result in Civ2, but only one.
          With that kind of a comment, you just know that we're all asking "and what was that?"
          The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

Attached is an MS Word table with most of the variables in the file Civ4HandicapInfo.xml. Missing are basically the goody-hut & free tech results. Should fit on one page.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Xuenay

With that kind of a comment, you just know that we're all asking "and what was that?"
              The last defender in the last city couldn't lose to barbarians. Even if he was a warror and barbarians had knights or something

That one rigged combat outcome was actually in players' interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                Attached is an MS Word table with most of the variables in the file Civ4HandicapInfo.xml. Missing are basically the goody-hut & free tech results. Should fit on one page.
                Thanks, nice list.

This could be an error in the Deity column?

iAIConstructPercent 160 130 110 100 100 90 85 80 100

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                  This could be an error in the Deity column?
                  Thanx!

In the lower part of the Diety column:
                  iAIWorldTrainPercent =100
                  iAIConstructPercent =60
                  iAIWorldConstructPercent =100
                  iAICreatePercent =60

Comment

What do these mean exactly?
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I guess that "iAIConstructPercent = 60" means that AI needs 60% of the nominal number of hammers to construct something. The rest, I am not sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X