Aztecs on an island... just wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aztecs on an island... just wrong

Continent map, noble... picked the Aztecs to try an early conquer strategy since I can't seem to win as a builder. And what happens? I'm on an island all by myself. Manage to navigate the world and am on par tech-wise because I traded my nice advanced techs for all their basics.

But no idea what to do next. I can't be shipping caravels around the world (takes like 10 turns to nearest land and I don't have the patience to build enough of those slow low-volume carriers for that).

Since I was psychologically prepared for a conquer win I don't think I can come back now and win by another method (didn't found any religions, got libraries VERY late, etc...)

Sigh... what a waste of Aztecs...
    If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
    Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

You would need galleons, not caravels to transport military units. So you do get a capacity of 3 units. Switch over to whole hog mil. production pop out ten of those babies and take someone out!!!!!

Comment

Aztecs on an island are no worse off than for example the French under Napoleon. And the Incan are the worst off of all since their unique unit is extremely early on the tech tree (the warrior).

Caravels cannot transport military units.

Comment

If you want to ensure targets for your aggression, play pangea. Or custom continents, where you can designate how many civs are on each contient (e.g. 7 civs total, 2 continents = 3-4 per continent. Guaranteed targets).

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with beeing a builder early game then doing the amphibios route to conquest...

I set up a game with napoleon,entirely planning on a conquest victory. ended up having me and saladin on the continent, he didnt found any of his own religion so ended up joining mine and became very friendly. He had no resource that i didnt, so i never attacked him early game.

So I waited.

Optics comes around and i scout out the world. I see russia has its own continent and the rest on a large land mass. Well russia looks like a nice meaty target, get Astronomy, then gunpowder. I cranked out some amphibios muskateers and grenadiers and took russia out in mear turns. Frigates to bombard, and attacked out of the boats. As i was fixing up the previosly russian land that Bastard ghandi built a wonder i wanted.... Ohhh look at all those coastal cities and i have all these experienced amphibians on garison duty...

Infantry assaulted ghandi, Tanks took out mansa musa and the last 2 civs (not including saladin) bowed out and gave me my domination win... =)
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Conquer from island is my preffered situation to get when military solutions are desired.

You can build up an invasion force, and the AI is unlikely to figure out that it needs to do the same thing to stop you.

So you can sit there safely on your island and build up whatever forces you need, then transport them en mass to the chosen target, and once you have a few cities on the mainland use airports to drop in even more troops - one per city per turn.

The advantage is that you almost never need any kind of defense plan at all, until after you have taken a sizeable portion of your target.
            Blog | Art / Writing

Comment

Working...
            X