No interface menus after 1.52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No interface menus after 1.52

Am I the only one in the world who has this problem? I can't believe that no one is talking about this disgusting problem I'm having now.

After installing Patch 1.52 I lost all my in game interface menus, turn display, clock, science bar, etc. My in city view displays nothing but the overhead city view but nothing else.

Everything was working fine with Patch 1.09. What gives?

I'm really disgusted that numerous people post their problems and then their threads get lost in oblivion with 1 or 2 wisecracking comments. It seems like there are some customers out there who are just being abandoned because all that matters is that they spent their hard earned money to line someones pockets.

Can we get some intelligent people who can help? ( or feedback from Firaxis would be nice)

I feel like I spent 50 bucks for something that's going to end up in the trash bin soon.
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

I got a very similar problem (if not the same problem):

About half an hour ago, I installed the 1.52 patch (in order to gain Marathon Mode). Nearly all text in the game is now missing, and I'm hoping that I can get it back without giving up the patch.

Anyone know of anything that can be done about these issues?

EDIT: I decded to give a screenshot example of what I'm going through.

EDIT 2: After uninstalling and reinstalling both Civ4 and the 1.52 patch, I've been able to run the game with everything properly.
    Last edited by TimeTraveler; January 30, 2006, 00:38.
    Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
    +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
    http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

It's possible that you have gotten away just with clearing the XML cache. I now I did.
      In the beginning, Earth was without form and void... then my life changed forever.

Comment

In game, try Alt-I and then again to hide/unhide the interface.

Delete the XML cache and start the game again.

Set the language to Russian, Chinese or Japanese, run the game. Then quit, set back to English and run.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I had the very same issue at first and I know this is going to sound stupid as I'm sure you've already checked this, but have you installed any mods? I had the same problem with no text until I uninstalled mods that I had that were not compatible.
          As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
          atrocities.
          - Voltaire

Comment

Just thought I'd update everyone on my problem. I don't have it anymore. I fixed the game by unistalling from my computer and I'll wait until someday I buy a better computer. (even though my existing one is well within spec for running this game)

However, I'm intrigued by your suggestion Solver. I've deleted the XML cache but that didn't work, however you mention setting the WinXP language or the Games' language to another language? Then going back to english? This might be worth looking into if it really works.

I've tried the Alt-I and that didn't work either. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting and then running and that didn't work. Drivers are updated, still nothing.
            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I delete the XML cache? I'm not getting proper text in my game.
              Formerly known as Masuro.
              The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

There's a cache in your personal profile, probably in the folder "Sid Meier's Civilization 4."
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X