Hide fortified units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide fortified units?

I just bought Civ4 two days ago, and this is my first trip back to these forums since the days of Civ3. One option I liked in Civ3 was the ability to hide city defenders, but I don't see this option in Civ4. I like to see my cities but it's hard when there is a 300ft spearman standing on top of the granary.

Did I overlook something? Or is there a mod to make units invisible when occupying a city?

Thanks.

I haven't seen that option yet, but I do hope it's there, somewhere... it kinda kills the point about the feature that you can now see what buildings the city has, because you can't see the city
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Simply zoom in as close to a city as you can. They should disappear then.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ctrl+B is what you want I think, though that hides all units.
        www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Originally posted by johnmcd
          Ctrl+B is what you want I think, though that hides all units.
          I'm not interested in having all units hidden, that kinda makes it hard to play

Originally posted by GeoModder
          Simply zoom in as close to a city as you can. They should disappear then.
          You have to zoom very close to the city for them to go away
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Then you have a very close view of the city as well, which need to be done in any case to view the separate buildings.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

So there is no way to do this? If memory serves, it was an option/feature as far back as Civ2 and even Civ1.

A better way would be to display a tiny graphic by the city name to represent what units are defending a city, or how many units are currently in that city - in the same way that the city's religion is displayed with a mini-graphic, for example.

It would be cool if a mod could be made to do this. But I can live with it.

Comment

Working...
              X