Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what intervals do a city's borders expand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what intervals do a city's borders expand?

Sid himself says in the tutorial that a city's borders expand with every multiplication of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000...) but that is not correct. The borders expand at 500 also, for example.

The expansion of borders depends on how much culture you´ve got. So I don´t think it´s a fixed number.
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

It is different for each game speed. For Epic it's 15, 150, 750, 7500 and 75,000.

Comment

Oh, yeah. Misunderstood the question a bit there...
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

On Normal it's at 10, 100, 500, 5,000 and I think 15,000 but I never get there.

Comment

The last border expansion on normal is actually at 50,000 - 'legendary' culture.
            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Why do borders of, say, capital cities often seem larger than there status would indicate. I've conquered cities next to my capital and my cultural borders snaps to a much larger radius then I would have suspected.

Comment

Never seen THAT happening, mgd. Perhaps it's a bug. Can you attach saves and/or screenshots?

Comment

Working...
                X