problem...any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem...any ideas?

My computer seems to crash more often than not when a wonder video starts. They're good to watch and all.. but after a while they just waste your time. Any settings I can change? Or is there a way to change up my virtual memory?

I had the same problem!

Most of the time, it was the "Oracle" video that made my computer mad. (The music is too complicated for him I think). But other films made it crash too (Hanging Gardens, or religion foundation...)

I decided to disable all films. Indeed this is very simple! Just go to the Civ 4 directory, open the .ini file with text editor, look for a line with a variable containing "Movies" and modify the number next to it.

(something like Movies = 0... I can't remember but it was very simple... every line is commented if I remember).

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks

Whew. I should've figured something like that. I've been a fan of Civ games for years. I'm just used to the options like that on the in-game settings. But, yeah, thanks a lot.

Comment

JW, can you in future post these sorts of questions on the General or Help forums, not the Strategy forum? Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X