Please help can't cancel a trade even after 10 turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help can't cancel a trade even after 10 turns

In the game I was playing I gifted 10 gold per turn to Roosevelt in order to help him gain some power however now I really need that 10 gold per turn and I can't seem to cancel the deal even after a 10 turn wait. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

In the foreign advisor screen if you click over to trades it should show your gift on a single line under roosevelt's picture.. you should be able to right click and cancel the deal right there.

Also if you bring up the diplomacy with roosevelt and select 'what are our current trades?' or whatever it is... You can LEFT click the item you want to cancel and a popup will ask if you're sure.

Be sure though in the second scenario you don't right click.. that cancels the first line of trade no matter where you right click. So Right click in the advisor screen, left click in the diplomacy window. If thats confusing unfortunately you'll have to learn the hard way like I did
    ~I like eggs.~

Comment

I had exactly that problem when I first started playing, I thought I'd negotiated a good deal for a 100 gold lump sum. Apparently I'd negotiated 100 gold per turn.

It never let me cancel it, though the Japanese thought our trade relations were pretty good.

I had to give up the game in the end.
      www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Declareing war will end all deals btw.

Comment

I think there is a bug. A deal of player paying sole gpt can not be renegotiated properly. However, if there are multiple deals ongoing, it may be cancelled by cancel those other deals one by one.

It's a strange bug. I'd suggest avoiding it by simply avoid paying only gpt for something. Always tag some resources along and there won't be any problem.

Comment

Oddly enough its seems that you can cancel the deal easily through the Diplomacy advisor but not through the "current deals" screen when your actually talking to the other leader. Strange indeed.
            atrocities.
            - Voltaire

Comment

Also is it just me or does anybody else miss the little guy up in the corner who told you wether theyd accept the deal or not from civ3
              atrocities.
              - Voltaire

Comment

I don't know if this helps when giving gold per turn (I never did that so far), but I thought I had a similar problem until I realized that, on the "current deals" screen you have to click your item (i. e. the one you have been giving away), not theirs, in order to get the cancel popup.

(Although he would have saved me from quite a few slaps by Catherine the Great, I don't particularly miss the corner advisor. He always tempted me to find the deal that they would just accept, making me feel ungenerous.)

Comment

Myself, when I want to cancel deals I always use the F4 foreign advisor screen. This usually happens when say I've conquered territory including a resource I was trading for and get it connected to my network.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                  X