Seven City Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven City Challenge

I'm thinking of starting a couple games where I limit myself to a maximum of seven cities (razing all I take in anger and refusing/regifting culture flips).

Is there already a thread on this to which I could refer for "guidelines"? If there isn't what would some of the guidelines be?

Basically I'm thinking this would be fun on an islands map, but any other ideas? Also, would you build your core seven asap and start improving or would you perhaps wait for one or two of them to see where late game resources lied? (clearing out territory as need be)

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Feyd; January 3, 2006, 21:49.
    "The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn."

Feyd

Feyd, why 7 cities?

It's one more than you need for several national wonders, while still being one fewer than you need to build the FP.

Also, I think an island map is not the place for any limit city challenge; it might be too much like a normal island map game.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I could have sworn it was seven universities/banks for Oxford/Wall Street.

Forgot about the Forbidden Palace... I'll try to edit the thread...

Thanks
      "The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn."

Feyd

Comment

I couldn't edit or delete the post... could an Admin help me out? Sorry to spam the board with something as incorrect as this.

Feyd

Comment

7 cities is hardly a challenge. It will hardly make the game more difficult. There's very good strategies that use few cities.

OCC (one city challenge) is already winable on deity. I haven't yet done that myself, but I've seen people do it. With 7 cities... it's not hard.

If you want a challenge go for a 3 city culture win!

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem
            7 cities is hardly a challenge. It will hardly make the game more difficult. There's very good strategies that use few cities.

OCC (one city challenge) is already winable on deity. I haven't yet done that myself, but I've seen people do it. With 7 cities... it's not hard.

If you want a challenge go for a 3 city culture win!
            For that, is it allowed to edit things so Oxford Uni, Wall Street and Globe Theatre (and others, if I'm forgetting any) only require 3 of their respective buildings?

Comment

I've tried 3 city cultural challenge once and won on Noble level. But it was a close call.
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
              X