Old Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Strategies

Well, i had a few semi-strategies that i could implement in the event of some specific events, and the following part of this thread includes what was one of my best working ones from civ3. i would like to know if anyone will try it on civ4, i cant get past middle ages without a crash, and also feel free to share some old civ3 or civ2 strategies and tell what happened if you tried them in civ 4.
    i have visited you game site, please visit mine....

www.playnet.com

im not too good about navy, never have been. it seems worse for me in civ4 though. but one thing has worked in the past. sometimes, to defeat a good navy, one of the last things you need is a good navy. This was an idea that worked for me, sometimes.

Somewhere on your continent, if pre-railroad a few places) have extra "fast attack" units like cavalry or tanks in a city or a fortress, or even just a blank spot on the map. in the even of a naval landing, move the fast attack units towards the enemy, and hope that if they are far away, your city defenses can hold. Next, you must do 2 things at once. attack and wipe out the enemy units with the "fast units" or at least contain them in a pocket until more forces arrive. then...

secondly take what navy you do have, (hopefully advanced technologically), and sink as many ships as you can. your ships should be spread a few tiles away from each other 1 in each tile that has a ship. Some other ships may be inside a city or something, but send all available ships that are in range to kill the enemy ships. A navy positioned like that can kill stupid human players who run out of moves, and also kill large parts of the cpu navy, after the drop-off of the troops. Doing this, you can repel a seaborne invasion, and kill the enemy ships, thus delaying the next invasion one.

Its not the best way, but it works if you can defend on the ground. But the best part, is the “fast attack base”, always have attack units in the reserves, away from enemy accessible areas, and guarded from planes and cruise missiles. One thing from this strategy that I have in almost all of my progressed and large territory games, is a fast attack base, filled with fast units, that also have high attack power, they make for awesome reserves.
    i have visited you game site, please visit mine....

www.playnet.com

Comment

Late-game navies are excellent for bombarding defenses of coastal cities.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The best defence against a navy is to Blockade or Take your enemy's coastal cities.

Comment

Working...
        X