Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem selecting units in a large stack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem selecting units in a large stack.

Often if I have a large stack, say 9 or more, not all the icons show up in the row. The ones near the top of the stack (would be the left-most in the icon row) are missing and the arrow scroller isn't there. It's really frustrating. Sometimes I have to click on and off it several times to get them to show up. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Attach a screenshot, please.

Comment

I've encountered this problem as well. Even if the arrows aren't showing up you can still scroll through all of the units in the stack using the , and . keys.

Comment

are you sure all the units are selected? Did you do a right click-select all?
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

I could have said that, but it would have been more fun if I had them attach a screenshot so I could say "lol noobs".

Comment

well i double clicked the stack. Doesn't that select them all?

Comment

It'll select the top active group, which usually isn't the stack, but instead is the set of Axemen/Longbows/Tanks at the top.

Comment

I have encountered this issue as well. It doesn't seem to happen all the time. I explored it in depth and here's what I think is going on.

I saw this behavior when I had a large number of units in the stack, perhaps 15 or more. (I wanted to make sure my enemy was good and squashed so I did not mess around with the invasion.) The scroll buttons were there.

I selected some units in the stack and moved them out.

The scroll buttons disappeared because there were now less units in the stack than the trigger number for the scroll buttons, but the display of the units did not update so all units were visible. The units that were not visible were always the leftmost units.
                None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

I've seen this as well. It looks like a display bug.

When you have a lot of units in a square, sometimes not all of them are displayed with icons on the screen. So you can't select them, or deselect them.

Comment

I've seen this too with the v1.52 patch. Just click on a different stack and click back to the stack you were working on and it will display all the units and the white left/right arrows (triangles, really) on the right if you have a huge stack. Maybe this bug happened because they expanded the display of units in a stack from 9 to whatever it is now?

Comment

no issues with this at all

patched up to 1.52

always get the arrows

your game settings different?
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Right-click menu forever!

Comment

happened to me yesterday with 4 units in a city, I could not see thus could not select the lone bomber wich was not in the stack. I'm using 1.52 of course and i didnt recently shorten the stack by moving units out. It just plain failed to show the icon for my bomber. I selected the stack of the other 3 units and pressed enter then it auto selected the bomber and it magicly appeared in the little icon list at the bottom.
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

I wouldn't say this is a "problem" but I've seen it quite a bit. It's as mgdpublic described. I'll have lots of units in a stack composed entirely of a single unit, all of them are selected (via ctrl-click). No arrow but I can use the "," and "." keys to scroll through the entire group. If I hover the mouse over the stack, I can see all the units (up to the max, I guess). Sometimes using the , . keys will cause the arrows to magically appear again - but not always.

But like I said, this is something that happens only rarely and is easily worked around.

Comment

I've encountered this problem with stacks in cities and fairly often, too. I get around it by double clicking into the city, which usually has all the icons, but it's still a bug.
                              For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

Working...
                              X