Unit upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit upgrades

I may have missed something in Civ 4. I just started playing it. Is i possible to upgrade existing units? For example upgrade a Musketeer that has already been built to a Riflemen etc? How?

As soon as you get the correspondent tech, your unit being inside your cultural borders AND if you have the necessary gold...
    You'll see, when you select this unit, the options of upgrade, together with the buttons of actions.
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Although it is quite expensive and generally (I find) not worth it, especially on longer games in which they don't become obsolete before being able to use them.
      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Also, before hovering over the upgrade button, hold down and it will show you how much it will cost to upgrade all units of that type.

They are, indeed, expensive. I miss the old Leonardo's Workshop, allowing cheaper upgrades.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Phase 1: Produce units for war inside your borders, and spend massive amounts of gold upgrading them because they quickly become obsolete
          Phase 2: ???
          Phase 3: Profit!

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
            X