Strange behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange behavior

Has anyone ever had the game AI spontaneously decide to build something in one of your cities without your permission? I had a city with 2 national wonders, one of which was Scotland Yard. Without my orders Hit Records appeared in the city sometime later, thereby nullifying Scotland Yard and ending my ability to make spies.

Furthermore I don't think that the warning " One Wonder Left" works. A couple of times I've seen this message when I knew full well that I couldn't build anymore of that type of wonder in the city in question.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Do you mean Hit Singles (means Rock N Roll) or Hit Musicals (Broadway)? Rock N Roll and Broadway are World Wonders. So, no reason to this nullifying anything. Btw, I thought that if you already had two National Wonders on a city, you simply couldn't build any other National Wonder.
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

You are correct, Aro.

Have you been dipping into the pharmacy again, Doc?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The one left message can be a reference to team projects like SDI. Manhattan Project is a world project that says one left as well, IIRC.

Comment

The only times I've heard of wonders being nullified is when it's obsoleted by tech or the city it was built in is razed and thereby destroyed. I've never heard of scotland yard being nullified.
          "Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Comment

OK, what I have in the city is Oxford University and Scotland Yard. I produced 4 spies from the city, then sometime later when I went back to produce some more I found that I couldn't.

Comment

You can have only four spies at once.
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas
              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Dr Strangelove doesn't understand about limited units

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
                  You can have only four spies at once.
                  Where was this mentioned?

Comment

In the Civopedia and Manual.
                    So, your pride has been hurt by showing weakness on Apolyton.
                    That's okay, because you learnt something new, you're slightly less weak than you were before you made this thread.

Comment

My pride is not hurt, but they should have mentioned the spy limit somewhere else than the manual and civilopedia. Who reads those things anyway?

Comment

You have GOT to be kidding, Doctor!
                        Where should it be, if not in the manual and 'pedia?
                        I sometimes read the 'pedia, have read the manual, and even went through the strategy guide!

Comment

And, like other limited units, if you hover the mouse over the spy icon in the production menu, it tells you how many more can be built.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                            My pride is not hurt, but they should have mentioned the spy limit somewhere else than the manual and civilopedia. Who reads those things anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                              And, like other limited units, if you hover the mouse over the spy icon in the production menu, it tells you how many more can be built.
                              I never hover. It's rude!

Comment

Working...
                              X