Railroads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railroads

Why do lumbermill get an addition +1 production if there is a railroad?

Is there any other square that benefits from a railroad?
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

mines.

and that's about it..

roads/railroads are just for movement now.. with minor exceptions to the lumbermill and mines.

would expect it has something to do with getting resources to cities faster...

Comment

Don't forget oil wells.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

You can always modify the XML files.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Railroads grant an additional hammer to any improvement that also provides hammers. This would include lumbermills, workshops, mines, windmills (forget which tech gives +1 hammers for windmills), and oil wells. I don't think it gives an additional hammer for a pasture, even though a pasture provides add'l hammers.
          "Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Comment

You can fix that in the XML too.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by djpsychonaut
              Railroads grant an additional hammer to any improvement that also provides hammers. This would include lumbermills, workshops, mines, windmills (forget which tech gives +1 hammers for windmills), and oil wells. I don't think it gives an additional hammer for a pasture, even though a pasture provides add'l hammers.
              You are wrong
              Railroads do provide +1 hammer for lumbermills and mines.
              Railroads do not provide extra hammers for workshops, windmills, pastures or oil wells or any other improvement.

Since 1.52 this is actually in the civilopedia.

Comment

News to me. I didn't think roads/railroads effected the production on any square or terrain improvement. Glad to hear this info is now included in the (much improved) 1.52 'pedia.
                One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
                "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Civopedia. Can't win without it, can't win by spending 30 minutes looking through the bloody thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X