Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somthin's a little off...

and other funny quirks

in my most recent game louis XVI wont stop trading with Kubali Khan, (Redded out, Reason- we couldnt betray our close friends)

But he Will Declare war on him. IMHO this is alittle off

i cant quite figure out how to post the screenie though... (not even sure if it took one!) feel free to post other little anomalys that are funny.

War is nothing personal.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The French were just looking for an opportunity to surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
        The French were just looking for an opportunity to surrender.
        yes and yes !

Comment

We're you able to get him to declare war? Sometimes it doesn't take much. In my last game I kept giving the Americans a tech to declare war on the Romans. At one point I realized I wasn't asking for enough so I had Roosevelt declare war on the Romans, Incas and Greeks for just one tech. They were on bad terms as it is so I guess I just gave him the excuse he needed.
          Last edited by Silver14; December 30, 2005, 07:02.

Comment

Roosevelt usually isn't so belligerent. How did he manage to get so annoyed?

Comment

He was a different religion then the Romans and the Romans were on their borders. I had trade going with the Americans and the Greeks, Romans and Incans who were of the same faith kept demanding I stop trading with him. They all had a -4 "You traded with our worst enemy." or something to that effect. So basically they didn't get along very well. When I first got Roosevelt to go to war with the Romans I gave them several techs which I thought would help them military wise. At that time he wouldn't war with anyone else. I think as the Roman/Greek/Incans were of the same faith that it brought down even further their standing with Rosevelt when he warred with the Romans.

It was a 7 civ game. I was the English, I killed the Japanese off of my landmass early on. The Indians were the other Civ and I got along with them trade wise but I could never get them to go to war with anyone, it was always redded out.
              Last edited by Silver14; December 30, 2005, 07:01.

Comment

Well ... there is one civ you could easily get them to go to war with ...

Comment

True, but I ended up winning that game because the Indians voted for me over Roosevelt in the UN. The Incans and what were left of the Greeks abstained for some reason.

Comment

wardhali, I've noticed the same thing. I guess it might have something to do with religion?

Off-topic, but someone had to bring up French cowardice. Since we're all fond of history (read: geeks), this article might be welcome. The language is horrible, but the message is relevant.
                    The French

Comment

Originally posted by Tau
                      wardhali, I've noticed the same thing. I guess it might have something to do with religion?

Off-topic, but someone had to bring up French cowardice. Since we're all fond of history (read: geeks), this article might be welcome. The language is horrible, but the message is relevant.
                      The French
                      Now that's a good link. Will bookmark for future surrender-monkey-business.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                      X