Post Patch Strategy Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Patch Strategy Changes

The patch has put a serious cramp in my typical strategy: Worker first, chop Settler, chop Worker. Now, those forests are really worth something, and I believe the units were also made slightly more expensive (correct?).

So, I'm interested in hearing how people have modified their strategies after the 1.52 patch. Is it now wiser to wait for a size 2 city to build the first worker/settler? Do people still clearcut their capitol?

I find myself wondering whether it's even worth it to rush for Bronzeworking if I have to wait for a size 2 city anyways... Agriculture and Animal Husbandry are looking pretty appealing...

I REALLY like the change to Slavery. No upkeep. I used to never change to slavery because I didn't want to waste the turn of anarchy. Now, it's clearly a better choice over tribalism due to the reduced upkeep. Even if you don't like whipping your people to death, it's worth the turn.

You are right, especially on higher difficulty levels, the heal bonus becomes very important. What I chanded in my strategy is that I clearcut forest wich are not in my city radius. They give me 25 hammers instead of 30 but that s still a big boost in the early game. Then I do the same for the second city I build. I usually play with catherine (cultural, financial) so my borders expand quite quickly.

Of course this forces me to cut less trees and I only cut trees for settlers and workers. I don't rush wonders anymore.

I still belives that bronzeworking, 2 workers and then clear cutting is a good start.

Comment

Working...
    X