• Encountering problems post 1.52

First of all my specs:

Athlon 1700
    1 gig RAM
    Radeon 9550 128 meg
    graphic detail at low, low res textures
    playing standard map, Marathon speed
    desktop resolution at 16 bit

The game was running fine until I got into the medieval era. Then I started getting slowdowns that a reboot fixed for awhile. But now I'm in the pre-industrial era and my diplomacy screens are messing up. Quite often now if I talk to another leader, the leader graphic is fine but the terrain in behind is all black, like a T&L problem.

And there's major lag happening, sometimes 10-15 seconds from clicking on an option to the action occuring. When I get back to the game the speed returns, but the graphics are all messed up. I see a kalaidascope of colours all over the place. If I save the game and reboot though, everything goes back to normal.

Any suggestions?

harkonnen's fix

Comment

harkonnen's fix doesn't yet work with 1.52.
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

harkonnen's next fix
        Just wanted to post some info, now that my finals are done =), not sure if it will be of use. I'm kinda skipping over some of the past couple days' developments, sorry! I am an nVidia GF 4 Ti 4200 user. I haven't been experiencing any of the bugs with the intermediate release. D3D9Query = 1...

Comment

Great, it's getting worse! Now the game frapps out on me when I exit the civilopedia. And it only takes maybe half an hour of gameplay before it happens. When I go back the the main screen, the terrain is all black except for the cities/improvements, and there's a horrible lag. I even tried lowering my video cards 3D settings but it didn't help.

So it's looking like I won't be able to finish my game. And I was doing so well too. It's going to really suck if I have to go down to Small maps. Hopefully there'll be another patch soon that improves the performance even more. I'm beginning to regret the move to 3D!

Comment

Set Insane Mode to 0 in Harkonnen's ini. That should fix blackscreening.
            Or, Save and Load. That's what I do.

Comment

I'll save and load for now I guess, since I'm not sure if his patch still works with 1.52. If he releases a new one soon, with an installer, I'll try it out. I looked at it before I got 1.52, and I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do with the files I unzipped.

Comment

Working...
              X