Civ4 won't install because of Core.DLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ4 won't install because of Core.DLL

Hey guys, I just got Civ4 for Christmas, and I'm having problems right at the beginning. When I first went to install, I would click it and Unreal Tournament 2004 would pop up right away. So, I uninstalled it, hoping that would fix the problem. But, now it says it can't find System/Core.DLL. I checked my System folder and it wasn't there, so I downloaded it, but it still won't find it. I renamed my system folder from system to System, hoping it was just a matter of the lowercase S. I also moved my system folder out of WINDOWS to the root level of my C: drive. But, nothing helps. Any ideas? Thanks

Don't have any Core.dll file on my computer.
    Have:

wmvcore.dll
    wmpcore.dll
    wmicore.dll

Others:
    wbemcore.dll

That's about it!

Have no idea what you are talking about, unless you have a bad CD, which some where bad on the manufacturer's side of making the CD.

Go to Update at Microsoft perhaps, and update your computer maybe??

Comment

I suspect that core.dll was a file used by the game that you uninstalled.

I suggest that you focus on why some other game tried to run when you started the Civ 4 installation program. What happens if, with the Civ 4 installation CD in the drive, you double-click on the file setup.exe on the CD?
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Good call

Yeah, I ended up just opening up the CD through my computer and running the Setup Utility. It installed perfectly then and has been running great! Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Comment

Working...
        X