No announcement yet.

Why doesn't it zoom when I'm attacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't it zoom when I'm attacked?

When I attack an enemy, the game zooms right in and gives me a very dramatic view of the battle. But when an enemy attacks me, the units just stand there barely moving. Sometimes I don't even notice that a battle is happening until it's over. IMO, it should be just as dramatic as when I'm the aggressor, and I see no reason why it can't be.

I agree. The combat zoom should be for defending as well as attacking.

Unless there is some obscure setting we are missing.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Agreed.

About obscure settings... Well, this game (and even we fanboys have to admit) is Numero Uno. Tons of "undocumented features"...
      The thread is here , thanks to CyberShy.
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

What gets me is what little happens when I'm attacked. A small red circle appears, my unit moves out to intercept, then both units just stand there facing each other. It's really easy to miss what's going on if you aren't quite paying attention. At least with the zoom, it's quite obvious you're having a battle.

Comment

Have you a low-RAM video card, Willem? Is the "show enemy moves" option enabled? All those things can explain what you see.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I do have Show Enemy Moves Enabled, but I have my graphic quality set to low. Still, it zooms when I instigate a battle and shows the action, so why wouldn't it do the same if I'm attacked?

Comment

Here too everything set to high and no combat zoom when defending{attacked}!

Comment

Working...
              X