• Talk about tundra

tundra to the left
    tundra to the right

roll the 500 (miles? of tundra)

give me a break
    Attached Files
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

What kind of map did you have selected? You didn't accidentally select a tundra map, did you?

PS: That quote from the Chillies in your sig - it should say "This life is more than just a read-through"!

Comment

from what I remember
      Large, 5 civs and remember nothing about selecting tundra anywhere

We all hear songs differntly..

Comment

This looks like an Ice Age map...
        "Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Comment

I that maptype.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ice Age is cool No, really it is. More barbs and that primieval feeling that you're there "at the beginning." There usually is a narrow temperate zone in the middle though. I had three ivory sites in one of mine. Wonder if they were wooly mammoths
            You will soon feel the wrath of my myriad swordsmen!

Comment

they could be in the next patch...ya never know

lol

Comment

While we're on the subject of tundra, why am I sometimes able to farm it and sometimes not? It seems I can farm next to a river (and I think I've also seen commerce in such situations), but I can't chain farms to tundra or improve with biology.

Comment

Every (land)tile (except ice) with access to a source of fresh water can be farmed. For the rest, simply pray that a forest will grow on non-fresh tundra tiles eventually to have some extra use out of it.
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Can't do crap with Tundra or Desert unless it's next to fresh water (or has a forest, in the case of tundra).

Comment

I thought cities are supposed to pass through water for purposes of irrigation? I had a river/ tundra (fresh water) + farm/ city/ tundra all in a line, and I couldn't farm the tundra square on the other side, not even with biology. Is that a bug?
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                        I thought cities are supposed to pass through water for purposes of irrigation? I had a river/ tundra (fresh water) + farm/ city/ tundra all in a line, and I couldn't farm the tundra square on the other side, not even with biology. Is that a bug?
                        this was my point earlier, it doesn't seem possible to "carry" water to tundra by eg chaining farms (or cities) or biology, but tundra directly next to a river is farmable. Seems odd.

Comment

I'd assume it's an attempt to make the game realistic, because Water would Freeze in tundra, and would Evaporate in a desert.
                          I don't think they needed to do that, though - Desert or Tundrid cities tend to be crappy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                            I'd assume it's an attempt to make the game realistic, because Water would Freeze in tundra....
                            There's a few months of summer - otherwise how could you farm tundra at all?
                            I don't think they needed to do that, though - Desert or Tundrid cities tend to be crappy anyway.
                            Crappy? Or sited near vital but inconveniently placed resources?
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

What i dont get is...

a tundra next to a lake or river can be farmed, or cottaged/workshopped.

Tundra without freshwater canot have anything on it...

Well why not a cottage? ok no water to feed the populace? workshop? well? hmmm.
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Working...
                              X