No announcement yet.

Timeline gone awry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grenadiers can be traced back as far the late medieval times.

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Strategist83
      How much do you invest in your own research, and how much gold do you put aside for trading techs with other civilizations? Currently, I invest almost everything in own research. Is this a bad thing to do?
      My research is set to be as high as I can afford for most of the game (on average on 90% I believe)

Originally posted by Strategist83
      The vast majority of people responding to this thread are apparently all experts... and yet none offer save one offer any advice? Maybe you could share some of your vast knowledge rather than leave me in the dark?
      You could try to post a savegame?
      Unfortunatly I can't download it, since I no longer have internet at home, for an unknown number of weeks
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

to grow redicusly fast:

expand early, and often (many cities, densely packed)
        build economy buildings/improvements (taxes in = research out)
        build research buildings when economy is maxed out (nothing left to build for economy, aka market before libary)

the trick in pulling this off is in the details. in civ2 this strat was easy (also called smallpox strat if you have been to freeciv forums) in civ3, it took longer but was doable. In civ4, i havent found the right combination yet (leader/civ/style of play)

Comment

In Civ IV there isn't a single strategy for this that will always work..it depends wayy more on your map, the resources you find, and the people you are around. This is what makes it the best strategy game of all time (for pure strategy) AC still is the best when you include non-strategy things as mood and plot. (Yes I just said plot in a strategy game)
          A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Originally posted by dacole

This is what makes it the best strategy game of all time

And Yin ate a cardbox to confirm that!
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

And now with all the issues in 1.52, Yin should un-eat that cardboard box.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                And now with all the issues in 1.52, Yin should un-eat that cardboard box.
                This is very... Well... "Difficult" isn't the word.

The cardbox is one with Nature now... I'm quoting Yin.
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
                X