1.52: Giant crack in the earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.52: Giant crack in the earth

Since updating to 1.52, I've noticed that the globe view looks a little ... odd ... if the map size is large or bigger. Basically, it seems like the two "ends" of the map don't quite meet like they should. On maps normal sized or smaller, this isn't apparent, but on my large map, there seems to be a danger of falling into outer space if I try to circumnavigate the globe.

Anyone else see this? I've tried updating video drivers, but it seems to be something introduced in the patch.
    Attached Files

Comment

The earth is flat!
      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I generally notice a lot of graphical corruptions when zooming out the view.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the same thing on a huge map yesterday.

Comment

"In other news, British millionaire Sir Richard Branson has announced another world record attempt: Teaming up again with Steve Fosset, the two will attempt to be the first people to jump a jet ski over The Crack. And now for your local weather..."
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Well, I did a bit of experimenting - tried rolling back the drivers on my X800XL back to 5.10 (from 5.13) and that had no effect. Also, I did a clean install of Civ 4 - before applying the patch, the globe looks totally normal. After applying 1.52, large and huge maps have the giant "seam" running down where the ends of the map should meet (but only in globe view). So, I guess it's a bug in the newest version. Ah well, not too bad I suppose (unless, of course, you're one of the poor naval units that I've ordered into the spacetime rift ).

Comment

Prime Meridian?

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing, AND you can see the stars through - it's a clean wide cut!
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

It also seems to affect only certain maps - for example, I see the problem on Terra or Continents maps, but not on Pangea maps. Hopefully, this helps the Firaxis folks track it down.

Comment

nothin like this but 1.52 has caused a great increase in the number of errors i see.

Comment

I get the same on large terra maps (havent played anything else since 1.52)
                        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

I think that this is the date change line. The exact opposite of the meridian on which the map is centered. It could be there just to know where you are while you are rotating the globe.
                          "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                          George Orwell

Comment

Cool. Dual hemi-sphere maps!!! Wonder if you need rocketry to circumnavigate the globe
                            Power corrupts...And absolute power is actually pretty neat!

Comment

You heretics think the world is round! You can't "circumnavigate," you'll always fall off the edge of the world!

(No problems here with v1.52, it was a lifesaver, er gamesaver. )
                              You will soon feel the wrath of my myriad swordsmen!

Comment

Working...
                              X