Religions in your cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religions in your cities

In the manual it says that you can see somewhere what percentage of a city's pop belongs to each religion, but I can't find that. Where is it?

Is there any disadvantage in having several religions in a city, and do the proportions of citizens belonging to one or another vary over time?

Is there any way to try to quash a foreign religion from your cities, and is there any reason why you would want to do it? (I'm used to mantaining religious purity in my cities from Medieval Total War ).

The only percentages you can see are what nationality they are, not religion. All religions are the same in a city. As of now there's no way to get rid of a religion in a city, and no reason to do so either except that the holy city gets a gold piece from it and can see the territory. There are mods that make religion more robust in that it provides bonuses both positive and negative, and has ways to expunge religions from the city.

btw, what page is that on in the manual?
    ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Page 78, "The Religion Advisor""

Comment

Re: Religions in your cities

Originally posted by caralampio
        Is there any way to try to quash a foreign religion from your cities, and is there any reason why you would want to do it? (I'm used to mantaining religious purity in my cities from Medieval Total War ).
        If you use the Theocracy civic, religions other than your state religion can't spread. But it's to your advantage to have multiple religions since you can build Temples for each one that is in your cities, giving you more of a culture/happiness boost. And there's no negatives to having multiple religions at this point.

Comment

In the top left of the main screen are a series of tiny buttons - they're along the line that seperates the map screen from the top menu area. Those little buttons are the advisors. The one made up of hands clasped in prayer is the religious advisor. Click on it and you can see a breakdown of the religions of your nation, and a list of those cities which are "Holy Cities".
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
          X