What did I get myself into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I get myself into?

This game is definitely not easy to master. I've jumped right in at Noble level the past few days and it's taking quite awhile to get the hang of things. There's so many different options and decisions to make.

And those bloody barbarians! Just when I think I'm doing all right they start streaming out of their cities wreajing havoc on my empire. And it can be a real challenge geting them out. I lost at least 10 Chariots, the best unit I had available, against this barb city that had been built on a hill, with only 3 Archers. I figured 2-1 odds with a more powerful unit would be enough, but noooo.

Oh well, I guess I'll go try again. Another night not getting enough sleep.

Heh, yeah it sure does take a bit, but stick with it - its worth it! (For new players) definitely more than the "About 1 and a half hours" lurning curve stated by Gamespot!

EDIT: Also, just thought you might want to try out playing as the Incas (Huayna Capac) because their UU, the Que'Cha, is there right from the start and has a very good bonus against archers. So if archers are your main barb. problem then they should give you a bit of an advantage!
    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer
      Also, just thought you might want to try out playing as the Incas (Huayna Capac) because their UU, the Que'Cha, is there right from the start and has a very good bonus against archers. So if archers are your main barb. problem then they should give you a bit of an advantage!
      Yeah I've already figured that out, but I like playing random civs each game. Adds more variety. Besides, I'm not doing to bad defending against the barbs, it's taking out their cities I'm having a problem with right now, and Que'Cha are mainly good for defense. It would have been much easier if I would have had Swordsman, but I didn't have Iron yet.

It was partly my mistake though losing those Chariots, I gave them Combat promotions instead of Flanking. The promotions take a bit of getting used to for sure.

Comment

Working...
      X