United Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Nations

After about 3 weeks, I have just finished my first game, and realised that none of the exciting UN diplomacy options came up.

I had diplomatic victory turned off, so does this mean I cant get nukes banned, for example?
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

That is right, if diplomatic victory is off then the UN doesn't exist in the game.

Comment

This seems unnecessarily drastic, doesn't it? The logical option would be to disable the vote for the diplomatic victory only, and leave all other options.
      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
      --George Bernard Shaw
      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
      --Woody Allen

Comment

I agree - I still find the UN fun despite not finding a diplomatic victory terribly fulfilling.
        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

They should rename the "Diplo victory enabled" button to the "UN Enabled" button.

Comment

It worked better in SMAC. I just presumed it would work the same way. In fact, I am shocked that it doesnt.

Patchable?
            The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

Working...
            X